Mobile optimization has become the need of the hour. The rapid increase in smartphone users and Google favoring mobile-friendly portals by ranking them high in search results, has made it even more important for businesses to review their existing website design. Instead of creating a mobile version of your desktop website, it is better to create a separate portal to provide seamless browsing experience to the target audience.
If you have not yet optimized your website for mobile devices, you must keep the following factors in mind:
- Check Load Time: Page speed is a much more important element in mobile websites than the desktop version. In order to minimize bounce rate, make sure that your website loads within 3 to 4 seconds. Optimize the images, videos, graphics and other multimedia content on all webpages. You should also avoid using Java or Flash, lower redirects and leverage browser caching to further improve your website’s speed.
- Do Not Use Pop-Up Windows: Switching between multiple tabs and windows on a mobile device can be difficult as well as negatively affect user experience. Hence, if your website has a link that redirects the users to another tab, make sure you provide a prior alert so that they know they are about to leave the current page. Also, do not overwhelm the users with unnecessary pop-up windows.
- Be Careful With Button Size And Placement: Mobile users generally browse a website using their thumb or index finger. Thus, the button size should be big enough to minimize the chances of mistakenly selecting the adjacent option. The call to action buttons should also be appropriately placed, preferably on the right side of the page, so that the users can easily select them without having to use their second hand.
- Include A Search Box: A lot of people find it difficult to browse through the extensive menu on a mobile website. A simple solution to this problem is to include a search box on the top right corner of the website. Users can easily type in a keyword to the specific information they are looking for.
- Provide A Link To Desktop Site: Even though your website is perfectly optimized for mobile devices, many users may still want to visit the desktop site in search for more information. Providing a link in the footer to view the full version of the website can be really helpful.
We, at Centex Technologies, can help to optimize your website for mobile devices. For more information, you can call us at (404) 994 – 5074.