An SEO campaign refers to the predefined steps that should be followed for improving the rankings of a website in the search results for a specific keyword. The success of an SEO campaign depends upon the steps taken before launching the campaign, the underlying strategy of the campaign and the steps taken after the campaign is completed.
Following are some steps that help in building a successful SEO campaign:
- Analyze The Website Setup: This is the first step to check if the website has any issues that can have a negative impact on the SEO campaign. Some common checks that need to be performed include an analysis to see if the website is mobile-friendly or not, does the website load fast on all platforms, and is SSL enabled for the website.
- SEO Audit: The next step is to review the current SEO situation of the website. In particular, review the technical SEO infrastructure of the website. Ensure if the URL is SEO-friendly, check how the canonical URLs are defined, optimize SEO settings to avoid any indexing errors, and ensure that XML sitemap is optimized.
- Define Campaign Goals: In order to formulate an efficient SEO campaign, it is important to define the goals of the campaign prior to laying down the framework of SEO strategy. The goals may vary for every organization and may include (but not limited to) increasing Google visibility, improve rankings for existing pages for specific keywords, etc.
- Keyword Research: Thorough keyword research is important to ensure a targeted SEO campaign. An easy way is to search the search engines for the keywords that are relevant to your niche or product, analyze the top results with a keyword research tool and find related keywords that match your campaign.
- Craft Page Title: Page title is an important SEO element. It should be SEO-friendly, unique and inviting for users to click. Google search for your chosen keywords and take cue from first page results to craft a suitable page title. Make sure to include target keywords in the page title while keeping it different from the titles already available on Google.
- Create Quality Content: The content should be informative and have in-depth information about the topic being addressed. The content should be of good quality to establish your authority and expertise in the market. Also, it is important for the content to be distinctive to attract organic traffic.
- On-Page SEO: Once the content is created, follow On-Page SEO tips such as add target keywords in URL, include keyword in opening paragraph/H1 tag, and include related keywords in H2 & H3 tags. Also, make it a point to add long-tail keywords in content.
- Monitor SEO Performance: Once the SEO campaign is launched, monitor the performance of the campaign to find areas that need revision.
For more information on steps to building a successful SEO campaign, contact Centex Technologies at (404) 994 – 5074.