Website is the face of any business. A lot of emphasis is laid on content, theme & design of the website. However, what plays an equally important role is the website loading speed. It is important to have a fast loading as well as optimized website to improve the overall user experience.
Following are some reasons that will help you understand why you need to have a fast loading website:
- Impacts Your Google Rank: Google uses the speed of your website as a ranking criteria. So, conduct a speed test to ensure that your website does not take too long to load. It is important because slow website speed has a negative influence on SEO as well as search engine rankings.
- Makes A Good First Impression: Users decipher a lot about you & your business when they first visit their website. A fast loading website sets up a great first impression and users correlate it with reliability, efficiency & professionalism. Often customers revisit a fast loading website that enhances their experience.
- Better Conversion Rates: As per Google analysis, 53% of mobile site visitors leave a page if it takes more than three seconds to load. This means that slow loading websites reduce conversion rates. So, if your website takes too much time to load then you might lose your target customers. This in long run shall impact your growth significantly.
- Improves User Experience: Users no longer wish to wait while browsing through a website that is taking too long to load. This is because there are numerous optimized websites to which a user can switch.
Ways To Make Your Website Load Faster
- Minimize HTTP requests
- Minimize & combine files
- Minimize time to load first byte
- Reduce server response time
- Choose the right hosting option between shared hosting, VPN hosting & dedicated hosting based on your needs and requirements.
- Enable browser caching
- Reduce image sizes
- Use a CDN (Content Delivery Network)
- Use external hosting platforms
- Reduce the number of plugins that you use on your website
- Refrain from using plugins for tasks you do manually
- Decrease redirects
- Check your website speed on a regular basis
- Avoid using nested tables in your design
- Load above the fold
An optimized website gives huge returns to a business. So, it is important to work on improving the website speed for increasing profits as well as a seamless user experience.
For more information on ways to improve website speed, contact Centex Technologies at (404) 994 – 5074. We provide SEO services to our clients all across the globe to help them reach out to their customers.