SEO – Search Engine Optimization is the process of using different tools, techniques, and strategies to improve the ranking of a business website in Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) when a user searches for keywords or search terms relevant to the products or services offered by the concerned business.
With a shift in consumer buying behavior towards extensive use of search engines to buy products or services, it has become essential for small businesses to implement effective SEO strategies and improve their placement in SERPs.
Here are some reasons why small businesses need SEO:
- Organic search results direct potential consumers towards your business website.
- SEO helps small businesses in building credibility, establishing, niche authority, and gaining user trust.
- Local SEO strategies facilitate targeting local consumers.
- Better ranking of business website in SERPs positively influences the buying decision of the consumer.
- SEO strategies increase the online visibility of the business leading to higher lead generation.
- An optimized website offers higher lead to sale conversion rate.
Before beginning with the SEO process, it is important to understand different types of SEO for small businesses. SEO strategies can be categorized under three types:
- On-Page SEO: These techniques focus on website elements such as website content, meta tags, meta description, keyword density, use of keywords in headings, internal & external links, site structure, image optimization, anchor text, etc.
- Off-Page SEO: This refers to SEO activities performed away from the webpage such as guest blogging, resource link building, forums, link requests, social media sharing, video creation & sharing, etc.
- Technical SEO: It focuses on optimizing the website infrastructure with tasks such as URL optimization, adding structured data to webpages, optimizing navigation & website structure, checking loading speed of website, making website mobile-friendly, etc.
In addition to the aforementioned categories of SEO, small businesses need to focus on another two pillars of SEO.
- Local SEO: Local SEO strategies help a small business in appearing in top results when a user searches for related keywords in location specific to the business. Important local SEO tools include Google Business Manager (previously known as Google My Business), Google Search Console, and Google Keyword Planner. Small businesses can create Google My Business profiles including their physical address, location map, and contact details to make the business look legit and trust-worthy.
- eCommerce SEO: This is important for small businesses with eCommerce stores and includes keyword research, product page optimization, category page optimization, product image optimization, online product reviews, consumer feedback, etc.
SEO Process for Small Businesses
SEO is a stepwise process. Here is a layout of the SEO process for small businesses:
- Determine your business niche.
- Conduct thorough keyword research relevant to your niche.
- Analyze the current SEO performance of your website.
- Conduct competitor’s analysis for keyword rankings.
- Set your SEO goal such as improving website ranking, increasing website traffic, improving conversion rate, etc.
- Formulate effective SEO strategy relevant to your goal.
- Create relevant, unique, and optimized content.
- Measure the results of your SEO strategy & make required amendments.
Centex Technologies assists small businesses in formulating and implementing effective SEO strategies. The team has years of experience and uses its expertise to improve search engine ranking of small businesses. To know more about SEO for small businesses in Atlanta, contact Centex Technologies at 1201 Peachtree ST, NE, Atlanta, GA – 30361 or call (404) 994 – 5074. You can also browse through www.organicseoatlanta.com