Local SEO has become a popular way for most small and medium sized businesses for reaching out to a large customer base. With millions of users turning to the internet to search for near by businesses, it is important to develop an efficient SEO strategy to improve your online presence for local keywords. However, with constant changes in Google algorithms, entrepreneurs may find it difficult to get their website ranked in SERPs.
Here are some of the common local SEO mistakes to avoid:
- Inconsistent NAP Data: Your business’ name, address and phone number (NAP) should be consistent across all online directories. Search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing look up to this information to confirm the credibility of your business. Make sure that you follow a set format for business name and address. The working hours and other details should also be the same in all your listings.
- Not Creating Google My Business Page: Search for your company’s listing on Google My Business and claim your page. Optimize it with correct NAP data, high quality images, business description etc. This will allow your existing as well as potential customers to know about your product/services, read or add reviews and contact you.
- Targeting Wrong Keywords: Local business often tend to target keywords that are either too broad or too generic. For instance, if you are a Used car dealer in Atlanta, optimizing your website for the keywords ‘used cars’ or ‘used car dealer’ is not likely to fetch you a higher rank. However, by targeting location specific key terms, such as ‘used cars Atlanta’ will be better able to drive quality traffic.
- Neglecting Social Media: Simply creating a Facebook, Google+ and Twitter profile is not enough. You must keep your social media pages maintained and frequently updated to attract followers. Share interesting content and interact with your followers to increase the efficacy of your business. When used correctly, social media can be a great platform to boost brand awareness and expandcustomer base.
- Not Optimizing Title Tags: Many local business owners keep their website’s title tags simply as ‘Home’, ‘About Us’, ‘Services’ and so on. Including keywords and location names in the title tags allows search engines to determine what your website is all about. You should also add a relevant meta description for each web page.
We, at Centex Technologies, provide result-oriented local SEO services to the businesses in Atlanta, GA. For more information, you can call us at (404) 994 – 5074.