Every business owner wants his website to rank on top of the SERPs. However, achieving and maintaining this position is a lot harder than it actually seems to be. It is important to identify the correct SEO techniques as the search engines are constantly updating their algorithms to provide the most relevant results to their users. For instance, if someone searches for a keyword ‘Gift Shop Atlanta’, all the results that come up will consist of the gift shops only in the given area.
If you own a business in Atlanta, here are some local SEO tips that can help you improve your website’s ranking in search engines:
- Use Keywords Targeting Atlanta: Try to use long tail keywords having the names of locations that you serve. This is because such search terms have virtually less competition and will easily attain a higher ranking.
- Get Listed In Directories: One of the most important steps in attracting local traffic is to get your business listed in the online business directories like Yelp, BBB, Bizjournals etc. Most of the traffic that a website receives is directed through these listings.
- Do Not Focus Only On Google: Most businesses in Atlanta focus only on ranking high in Google’s local search results. Although Google Places tends to yield the most efficient and fastest results, it is also recommended to target other local search engines such as Bing Places, Yahoo! Local etc.
- Complete Local Business Pages: When creating your local business profile, it is important that you fill out all the details asked therein. These may include your business name, category, website URL, address, contact number, email, services etc. Use your keywords in the description and also verify the listings as instructed.
- Ensure An Appropriate Link Strategy: Links play a major role in increasing the visibility of your website in local searches. They help to establish the credibility and authenticity of your business. Thus, you should frequently share links to your website through Facebook, Twitter, Google+, email newsletters etc.
- Blogging: Content has always been a significant part of an effective SEO campaign. Make sure you share informative blogs and articles on your website. Also try to insert keywords judiciously wherever possible.
Centex Technologies provides result-oriented SEO services for local businesses in Atlanta, GA. For more information, you can call at (404) 994-5074.