Content marketing has emerged as the most significant inbound marketing strategy. 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing to reach their customers. However, the effectiveness of content marketing lies in implementing a well-drafted strategy, consistent distribution, a clear target audience, & delivering educational content.
When discussing a content marketing strategy, there are numerous channels to deliver the content. A business blog is one of the widely used content delivery channels. What makes business blogging so important?
- It helps drive user traffic to your website
- Blog content can be repurposed for social media posts
- It helps convert website traffic to leads
- It drives long-term results
- It helps generate inbound links
- Blog posts help share business news, product launch, etc.
Undoubtedly, business blogging poses compelling benefits. However, the question is – does every business blog deliver these benefits? No! like every other digital marketing technique, a business blog needs to be optimized to ensure desired results.
Here are important tips for optimizing a business blog:
- Understanding Market & Customer Intent: The most common mistake made by content creators when writing a business blog is they try to target a wide consumer base. The trick to an effective blog is to understand your customer market & segmentize your target audience. Research about your audience & customer to learn their demographic characters such as age, location, interest, education, industry, expectations, & challenges.
- Track customer engagement: Conduct a thorough analysis of your customer engagement to understand the type of content that attracts maximum traffic. Also, focus on the blog posts that have higher retaining time. This will give you a fair idea of the type of content your audience is interested in and engages with. Focus on this content type in the long-run.
- Search Engine Optimization: You have created good content, but it is not translating into website traffic or desired results! One major reason for such a setback is that your blog posts are not ranking in the search engine result pages. Combat this problem by optimizing your business blog for search engines.
- Use conversational & long-tail keywords that match the user’s search intent
- Optimize title tags, meta description, URL, alt text, headers, & text body for major keywords
- Make sure the blog is mobile-friendly
- Write about different topics to avoid duplicate content
- Use relevant internal & external links
- Improve Customer Engagement: Customer engagement helps in strengthening customer relationships & emotional connect. Traditional blogs might be informative but using the same style for every blog post may result in a loss of customer interest & engagement. Try different content types such as infographics, videos, graphics, quizzes, podcasts, etc. Irrespective of the content type, make sure that the content should be interactive, unique, & easy to comprehend. Also, enable comments & encourage the readers to share their feedback.
- Build Trust: Retaining the consumers is equally important as attracting new consumers to your blog. To do this, it is imperative to mark your position as a credible & trustworthy source of information. How can you do this? Provide important tips, share the latest industry updates, answer common queries & provide solutions that will add some value to the consumer’s life or experience. Focus on sharing knowledge rather than promoting your products or services. This will establish your brand as trustworthy & helpful resulting in higher sales.
Optimizing your business blog will help in improving the search engine ranking for related search terms & keywords resulting in higher traffic to your website. Centex Technologies offers content marketing & SEO services to businesses in Atlanta, GA. For more tips on optimizing a business blog, contact Centex Technologies at 1201 Peachtree ST NE, Atlanta, GA – 30361 or call at (404) 994 – 5074. You can also visit www.organicseoatlanta.com