Creating and implementing an efficient local SEO strategy is quite challenging. Apart from optimizing your website for search engines, you also need to look at the various off-page factors that can significantly impact your local rankings.
Discussed below are some of the top off-page techniques that can help to improve your website’s rankings in local search results:
- Blogging: This is one of the best ways to boost the online presence of your website. Posting informative articles will compel visitors to frequently return to your website in search of more content. Also, a regularly updated website is more often crawled by the search engine bots, which increases the chances of achieving a higher ranking. Make sure you create unique and engaging content for your blogs, including videos, infographics, industry updates etc.
- Social Media Optimization: An active presence on social media is also an important factor in determining your website’s local rankings. Create your business’ profile on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram, Pinterest etc. Sharing blog posts, images, event invites, latest products, services etc. will help to increase brand awareness among the local audience. You will also get an opportunity to interact with your potential customers and establish your business as a reliable entity.
- Local Listings: Create a profile on popular listing sites that are specific to your business niche and the locations you serve. Provide complete information, including your business name, address, phone number, hours of operation, key products/services, website URL etc. You should also maintain complete consistency in your NAP (name, address, phone number) data across all the local listings. Some of the websites where you can list your business are Yellow Pages, Manta, Yahoo Local, Google My Business, SuperPages etc.
- Video Marketing: Videos are also a good way to attract the target audience and inform them about your products/services in an engaging manner. Create videos on your niche specific topics and submit them on popular websites like YouTube, DailyMotion, Vimeo etc. The video submission portals have a high domain authority and are crawled more frequently, which increases the chances of getting quality referral traffic for your website.
- Business Reviews: Customer reviews on Facebook, Google Plus and websites like Yelp, Foursquare, Angie’s List, Better Business Bureau etc. can improve your business’ online visibility. They also act as powerful citations that can get your brand at the top of local search engines.
We, at Centex Technologies, use the latest off-page SEO techniques to help your Atlanta, GA based business rank higher in local search results. For more information, feel free to call us at (404) 994 – 5074.