With the changing search engine algorithms, it is important for SEO professionals to regularly analyze and alter their SEO strategies to ensure better search engine ranking for their business websites. SEO strategy or a business website’s performance can be analyzed using different SEO metrics. Domain Rating & Domain Authority are two important SEO metrics that can be used to analyze a website’s SEO health and compare it to different websites operating in the same niche.
What is Domain Rating?
Domain Rating or DR is a metric that identifies the relative strength of the backlink profile of a website on a logarithmic scale of 0 to 100; where 100 indicates maximum strength.
What is Domain Authority?
Domain Authority or DA refers to score that predicts the likelihood of a website being ranked in the search engine result pages. The websites are scored from 1 to 100. A higher DA score indicates higher probability of the website to rank in the SERPs as compared to websites with lower DA score.
Are Domain Rating & Domain Authority Similar or Different?
Domain Rating and Domain Authority are important and widely used SEO metrics. Both the metrices are different from each other with a few points of similarity.
Similarities Between Domain Rating & Domain Authority:
The overall processes of calculating domain rating and domain authority have some fundamental similarities as both processes consider the following factors:
- Backlinks evaluation
- Analysis of SEO practices
- Website performance
- Bounce rate of the website
Differences Between Domain Rating & Domain Authority:
- To begin with, Domain Rating was introduced by Ahrefs while Domain Authority was introduced by Moz.
- Domain rating measures the backlink profile of the website but doesn’t consider factors such as domain age, website traffic, spam links, etc. Domain authority is decided by the ranking pages of the website.
- Data metrics used to calculate domain rating include total number of backlinks and linking websites. The data metrics of domain authority are linking root domains, keyword rankings, spam score, and top pages by link.
Why Domain Authority and Domain Rating Are Important?
Domain authority and domain rating play a vital role in competitive analysis of websites. Some reasons why domain authority and domain rating are important for SEO:
- Domain authority and domain rating play a vital role in competitive analysis of websites. Some reasons why domain authority and domain rating are important for SEO:
- The metrics can be used to analyze multiple websites to track their backlinks.
- They help predict the website’s spam rate and reduce it.
For more information on SEO best practices, visit Centex Technologies at 1201 Peachtree ST, NE, Atlanta, GA – 30361 or call (404) 994 – 5074. You can also browse through www.organicseoatlanta.com